Managing your maintenance medications is easier than ever thanks to Express Scripts® and Walgreens. As a GuideStone® medical plan member, you’ll receive a discount on the cost of your medication by having your 90-day prescriptions filled either online with Express Scripts or in person at your local Walgreens.
What is a maintenance medication?
Maintenance medications are those you take regularly to control ongoing conditions, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Cholesterol levels
Not sure if your prescription is a maintenance medication?
Call 1-800-555-3432 to speak with an Express Scripts patient care advocate.
Save Cash on Your Maintenance Medication by Understanding How Your Benefits Work
If your health benefits include a prescription co-pay, here’s what you need to know:
- You can fill your maintenance medications twice for the regular co-pay at a retail pharmacy.
- Starting with your third fill at a retail pharmacy (other than Walgreens), there will be a $10 co-pay penalty for many maintenance prescriptions. Of course, the penalty does not apply to preventive medications, such as statins, which the Affordable Care Act requires be provided at no cost to you.
- Maintenance medications can be filled via Express Scripts home delivery. You’ll receive a discount for using mail order and will not be charged the $10 penalty. Set up automatic refills and you’ll never have to worry about running out of your medication!
- A 90-day supply of maintenance medications may be filled at any Walgreens location as well. You will not be charged the $10 co-pay penalty if you refill at Walgreens.
- Your co-pay will never be more than the cost of the drug.
If your health benefits include a deductible instead of a co-pay, here’s what you need to know:
- Maintenance medications can be filled via Express Scripts home delivery. You’ll receive a discount for using mail order. Set up automatic refills and you’ll never have to worry about running out of your medication!
- A 90-day supply of maintenance medications may be filled at any Walgreens location as well.
To always take advantage of the lowest cost option, Express Scripts offers a “Price a Medication” tool that will provide you the price transparency to select the lowest cost option with each fill.
How to Get Started with Express Scripts Home Delivery
Enjoy the safety and convenience of home delivery from the Express Scripts pharmacy. It’s easy to get started and your medicine is delivered right to your door about eight days after your prescription is received. Plus, delivery is free!
Make the Switch to Mail-Order Prescriptions
How to Get Started with Walgreens 90-day Refills
Filling your prescription at your neighborhood Walgreens is quick and easy. Simply ask your doctor to submit your 90-day prescription to the location of your choice or present your prescription along with your Express Scripts ID card in the store.