An Ounce of Prevention Saves You Cash and Keeps You Healthy
Your GuideStone® medical coverage helps you prevent health problems before they start — with no out-of-pocket costs to you!
Get a copy of your Preventive Schedule.
All you have to do is take advantage of your plan's Preventive Schedule.
Your plan covers many preventive care services, such as:
- Annual checkups for adults
- Cancer, diabetes and blood pressure screenings
- Mammograms and well-woman screenings
- Immunizations for children and adults
- Prenatal and fetal screenings
- Routine checkups for infants, children and teens
- Developmental screenings for toddlers
Preventive or routine care helps you stay healthy by checking for health problems early when they are easier to manage.
Find out what's covered by visiting GuideStone.org/PreventiveSchedule.
Plan your care and save your cash
Your GuideStone health plan includes a robust schedule of preventive care services. Here's a simple five-step plan for accessing them.
1. Focus on the Preventive Schedule.
2. Stay in your network.
- Visit HigmarkBCBS.com and log in.
- Follow the "Find a Doctor" tab to search for in-network health care providers in your neighborhood.
- Contact the doctor to verify that they are an in-network PPO participating BCBS provider.
3. Schedule an appointment.
- Tell the provider you are coming in for preventive services.
- Bring a copy of your Preventive Schedule with you or access it on your phone through GuideStone's mobile site.
- Verify that services being performed are covered by obtaining procedure and diagnosis codes and contacting Highmark at the number listed on the back of your ID card.
4. Plan for follow-up.
- Schedule follow-up appointments if necessary.
- Understand that any treatment you receive in subsequent appointments will follow your standard plan benefits and cost sharing and you may incur deductible and co-insurance charges.
5. Monitor your claims details.
- Review your claims details online at HigmarkBCBS.com.
- If there are any issues, work with your provider to assure the preventive care services were submitted with the accurate medical coding information.
- If you are billed for what you thought were preventive services, it may be that your doctor performed non-preventive care services or that your doctor's office billed using non-preventive care codes.
Download a copy of this preventive care information.
Get paid to shop for your preventive care mammograms and colonoscopies. Learn About SmartShopper®.
Frequently Asked Questions about preventive care along with What’s the difference between preventive care and diagnostic visits?