Health insurance plans
GuideStone’s Personal Plans health coverage is designed to give you value while sharing your values. With a variety of plan types and designs available, you can find a plan that fits your family’s needs and budget.
Personal Plans Health Coverage Options
- Traditional PPO plans. Designed to help with routine doctor visits as well as more in-depth care. They feature co-pays for doctor visits and prescriptions, a range of deductibles, and co-insurance for hospitalization, services and procedures.
- Economy PPO Plan. Our Value Health 5000 plan is designed to cover occasional doctor visits and generic prescriptions and protect against catastrophic events. This plan features scaled-down benefits in exchange for a lower price.
- Qualified High Deductible Health Plan. Our Health Saver 2800 plan is a federally-qualified High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). It is designed to be paired with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
You’re eligible to participate in GuideStone’s medical Personal Plans if:
- You are a paid employee of an eligible church, agency or institution affiliated with or that shares common religious bonds with the Southern Baptist Convention.
- You work 20 or more hours per week.
- You experience one of the following events:
- New employment:
- New employees are eligible to enroll in a plan within the first 60 days of new employment at an eligible employer with no employer-imposed waiting period. Coverage will be effective the first day that the employee reports to work.
- New employees of employers with waiting period should contact GuideStone within 60 days from the end of the employer's waiting period. Coverage will be effective as of the date the waiting period ended.
- Work schedule increases to 20 or more hours per week: Current employees who transition from working fewer than 20 hours per week to working 20 or more hours per week become eligible to enroll within 60 days of their hours increasing. Coverage will be effective on the date hours increase to 20 or more per week.
- Special enrollment event: Current employees (or eligible dependents) who experience a HIPAA special enrollment event such as marriage, birth, placement for adoption or loss of eligibility for other coverage become eligible to enroll in a GuideStone medical Personal Plan. Coverage will be effective on the date the special enrollment event occurs.
Personal Plans does not offer enrollment to late entrants, so individuals must enroll at their first eligibility for coverage.
For a customized quote for your family, to enroll or for more information, contact us.